To Thursday 20 June 2019 - 05:00pm
The economic value of rail to New Zealand was recently calculated to be approximately $1.47b to $1.54b per annum. Building on the Government’s commitment to rail, the ARA’s New Zealand Rail 2019 will drive growth by focusing on the ‘how to’ by bringing together key industry and government stakeholders, customers, researchers and suppliers to network and exchange best practice on the innovation, collaboration, technical expertise and investment needed to advance these planning priorities and future opportunities for rail in New Zealand.
New Zealand Rail 2019 builds on the great energy and enthusiasm of the record attendance of the 2018 conference which provided updates, outcomes and ambitious plans for the future of rail in New Zealand.
Featuring keynotes, project updates and case studies from Australia and New Zealand, interactive panel sessions and the Young Rail Professionals Pitching Competition, topics to be addressed include:
- New Zealand’s economic, environmental and social sustainability
- Transport and rail policy, planning and investment updates
- Mode neutral integrated transport solutions
- Regional growth and development
- Urban development and transport solutions for liveable communities
- Metro rail
- Passenger rail
- Skills for the future
- Women and diversity in rail
- Role of new and emerging technologies
- Customer priorities and perspectives
- Tourism rail