The Emerging Rail Specialist Award is sponsored by the RTAA to promote excellence in the Australian rail community and recognise the achievements of young, outstanding individuals.
The award is aimed at all young rail specialists, not just young engineers.
What’s at stake?
Winners receive up to $10K to attend an international rail or transport conference of their choice.
The Emerging Rail Specialist Award is open to individuals who are:
- Either employees of current Corporate RTAA members, or are a Personal RTAA member
- Have between 1 and 12 years (Full Time Equivalent) rail experience as at 1 January 2021
- Have a minimum of 3 years (Full Time Equivalent - post High School) relevant work experience
- Can demonstrate their key involvement in the rail industry locally or internationally
- Are Australian or New Zealand citizens and/or permanent residents
- The winner is announced at the Australasian Rail Industry Awards